Room to Read
- Multiple Locations
- Position Overview:
- The Social Mobilizer (SM) is the primary point of contact for girls in the Girls` Education Program. The overall responsibility for this position is mentoring girls for enhancing their life skills. SM reports to Program Officer, GEP and has no direct reports. This position is based in multiple locations.
- Organize Room to Read’s life skills sessions with girls and support them to use such skills in their lives;
- Serve as a positive role model and mentor to girls by facilitating monthly group mentoring discussions;
- Organize group for conducting Life Skills sessions and Group Mentoring Sessions;
- Plan, Organize and conduct recovery Life Skill Education and Parents workshop sessions;
- Conduct an introductory home visit with parents of all new girls in the Girls’ Education Program;
- Provide Individual mentoring support;
- Participate in module trainings on Girls’ Education Program content and activities. These trainings will be led by the Program Officer;
- Participate in regular trainings and meetings with Room to Read staff, as planned;
- Monitor and keep written records of girls including school attendance, academic performance, and participation in program activities. Work closely with the School Focal Point (main contact person at the school) to regularly obtain this data as needed;
- Prepare Report in monthly basis;
- Assist the Program Associate and/or Program Officer in conducting life skills assessments of Girls’ Education Program participants, as needed;
- Prepare and submit regular reports to the Program Officer and Program Associate, as needed;
- Track and submit all program activity expenses and invoices;
- Bachelors’ in Social Science, Women & Gender Studies, Social Work, Education or other related field
- At least 2 year(s)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience and/or interest working with and or counseling adolescent girls.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Desire and ability to spend a significant majority of time traveling and providing direct support to girls at the school, community, or home.
- Fluency in language spoken by girls.
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
- Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a non-profit organization that is focused on maintaining high quality work and low overhead
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional organization
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
- Prior experience living and/or working in rural areas,
- Prior experience working with schools, teachers, administrators and government officials
- Experience in successful implementation of a wide range of tasks as well as developing and implementing improvements in a prior position,
- To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic non-profit organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker – not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
- Room to Read is committed to the education and welfare of children and protecting them from abuse and exploitation.
- Room to Read has zero tolerance for child abuse and exploitation
- All children have the right to be free from abuse and exploitation, including neglect, maltreatment, and physical, mental or sexual violence, injury or abuse.
- All children should be treated with respect and dignity.
- The well-being of the child is Room to Read’s first priority when dealing with all identified or suspected cases of child abuse.
- Room to Read shall integrate child protection into all its organizational strategies, structures and work practices.
Cox’s Bazar, Dhaka, Moulvibazar, Natore
Compensation & Other Benefits
- We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Allowance
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities. The most significant benefit is the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing international organizations, which has sole focus on education & continuously innovating efficient & effective social entrepreneurship
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.